In Hardware Manager the Web Server states it is not running and I cannot start it.
- Check to see if any additional web servers are running on the machine. Often Video products will install and start IIS or Apache. Two web servers can not run simultaneously on the same machine. Since the Thin client utilizes an integrated web server, any other web servers will need to be disabled on the machine.
How do I log into my Thin Client?
- Verify the IP address and port to use. This can be done by highlighting the “Web Server is Running” option in Hardware Manager. Unlock the module to allow for editing of the screen. From the Web Server properties box, verify the IP address and port that will be used to connect.
- If connecting from inside of your LAN (local area network), the IP address of the server and port may be used for connection. For example, open an internet browser and type in the address bar http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:80 (where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the IP address of the server and 80 is the port assigned to the webserver).
- If connecting from outside of your LAN (local area network), you will need to know the external IP address. This can be obtained by going to www.whatismyip.com from a computer located on the LAN (local area network). When establishing a connection from outside of the LAN (local area network) enter the external IP address using the same format shown above.
- When a connection has been established, a prompt for a user name and password will appear. The operator logging into the system should enter in their user credentials for the Access Control system.
I log into my Thin Client but I am unable to see the contents of the main page and no errors are generated.
- Verify an internet connection is available. If an internet connection is available proceed to step two (2).
- Open an internet browser, click on Tools, Internet Options. Click on the Advanced tab. In the Browsing section, verify the “Enable Third-Party Browser Extensions * check box is selected. If the box was not previously selected and is now selected, the browser will need to be closed and restarted in order for the changes to take affect.