Adding an EPC-1 Controller (No RS-485 support)
Controllers may be added to IS2000 using the Auto-Scan feature. This feature searches the LAN (Local Area Network) and locates any controllers that match the driver type installed. For example, if a Mercury SCP / EPC driver has been installed, the Auto-Scan process will only search for Mercury SCP / EPC controllers. Once the controller has been found, the operator can choose to add one (1) or more controllers at a time. When the controller is added, the software will automatically add the associated hardware points and default industry standard configuration. This allows the operator to bring the hardware online quickly; the operator can then go back and fine tune the configuration at a later time if necessary.
The EPC-1 hardware platform provides an IP centric solution allowing the operator to use Ethernet connectivity for both data and power. The EPC-1 solution provides a single door solution or allows the operator to use one common locking hardware with two (2) readers (entry / exit). This hardware platform also allows for expansion from a single door controller up to eight (8) readers.
- From the Hardware Manager click on the pad lock to unlock the Hardware module.
- Highlight the driver from the hardware tree located in the left hand column.
- Right mouse click on the driver and select Edit, Add Controller.
- Click on the Auto-Setup button to perform an Auto-Scan of the Controller. If the device is located on a WAN (Wide Area Network), Auto-Setup will be unable to locate the device and the device must be added manually.
- The controller(s) found will be listed by network IP address as well as the MAC address assigned to the device. To select one or more controller(s) click in the check box to the left of the controller(s) to be added to the system.
- The controller(s) can be added to a Region from the Auto-Setup page by selecting a Region from the drop down pick list to the right of the Region tag. Please Note: If the operator signed into the Access Control Security Application has not been assigned access to the Region the controller(s) have been added to they will be unable to see / configure the controller(s).
- Click the green check mark to save the selection.
- A prompt will appear asking if the hardware is an EPC-1 device, click yes.
- The controller(s) will appear in the hardware tree located in the column on the left under the Access Control Driver.
- Once the controller(s) have been added to the hardware tree, stop and restart the Access Control Driver to start communications with the controller(s).
NOTE: If the EPC-1 device is used as a single portal, read head one (1) is enabled and can be used. If the EPC-1 device is used to add additional Sub-Controllers , read head one (1) is used for RS-485 communication and read head two (2) will be used for the reader.