Adding Sub-Controllers using Auto-Setup
A sub-controller can be numerous things and includes reader boards, inputs boards and output boards. Sub-Controllers may be added to the Access Control Security software using the Auto-Scan feature. This feature is only available for sub-controllers on the RS-485 bus and only applies to the Mercury and HID hardware platforms. The Auto-scan features searches the RS-485 data bus and locates any sub-controllers. Once the sub-controllers are detected the operator can add all the sub-controllers. When the sub-controller is added, the software will automatically add the associated hardware points and default industry standard configuration. This allows the operator to bring the hardware online quickly; the operator can then go back and fine tune the configuration at a later time if necessary.
- From the Hardware Manager click on the pad lock to unlock the Hardware module.
- Highlight the controller from the hardware tree located in the left hand column. Note: if the controller is not online, the Auto-Setup process will be unavailable and a manual add of the devices will be required.
- Right mouse click on the controller and select Edit, Add Sub-Controller.
- Click on the Auto-Setup button to perform an Auto-Scan, at this time the RS-485 bus will be searched for any available sub-controller devices connected.
- The sub-controller(s) found will be listed by type of device. Click on the Add Sub-Controllers button.
- All sub-controllers will be listed beneath the associated controller in the hardware tree. Each sub-controller will also be listed by address on the status screen. The sub-controller will appear with the physical address of the device, the device model and the default reader mode(s) (if the device is a reader module).
Note: When adding new sub-controllers, if the controller is not online the Auto-Setup button will not appear.
Adding Sub-Controllers using Manual Setup
- From Hardware Manager unlock the pad lock to allow editing of the screen.
- Highlight the Controller from the Hardware Tree.
- Right mouse-click on the Controller and select Edit, Add Sub-Controller.
- Click on the Manual Setup tab.
- Driver.Controller Address: This value represents which Controller to associate the sub-controller to. The Driver.Controller Address will automatically be populated based on the controller selected.
- Sub-Controller Type: Click on the drop down arrow to the right of the Controller Type tag and selected the desired controller type from the pick list provided. For example: MR-52.
- Sub-Controller Address: This value is the physical address assigned to the sub-controller, all addresses on the RS-485 bus must be unique.
- Sub-Controller Description: Enter a description for the sub-controller; this description will represent the sub-controller through out the software.
- Copies: Enter the number of copies to add, when adding a copy the information entered during the manual setup process will be duplicated creating additional sub-controllers.
Note: For Onity Wireless Locks, initial programming MUST be done from the PDA programmer. Please consult the Onity Wireless Lock User Manual for more details.