Access -> Device Groups / Areas
Disarming Inputs by schedule
Device Groups / Areas are used to configure hardware points such as readers, inputs and outputs to arm, disarm, unlock, or lock automatically during specified time schedules.
- Click on the Access menu and click on Device Groups / Areas.
- Unlock the pad lock to allow editing of the Device Groups / Areas module.
- Select the controller from the pick list by clicking on the drop down arrow to the right of the Controller tag. Once the appropriate controller has been selected all Readers, Inputs and Outputs that are associated to the controller selected will be displayed.
- Click the Inputs tab.
- Click in the box to the left of the Inputs(s) to be added to the Device Group. Please note: once an Input has been added to a Device Group, that input cannot be added to another group, this will ensure the input cannot be scheduled multiple times creating schedule conflicts. Each input already assigned to a Device Group will have the check box filled indicating the input has already been used.
- Once the input(s) have been selected, highlight the next available Device Group from the column on the left. Right mouse click on the Device Group and select Add Selected Input(s) to the Device Group / Area. Once this has been completed a listing of the input(s) will appear beneath the Device Group on the column on the left.
- Description – To assign a Description to the Device Group, highlight the Device Group and click in the text field to the right of the Description tab. This field can be found in the Device Group properties box.
- Time Schedule To schedule disarm time for the inputs(s), select the Time Schedule from the pick list by clicking on the drop down arrow to the right of Time Schedule. During the time specified in the Time Schedule the inputs(s) will be disarmed and will not report events or alarms.
- Armed Reader Mode (Mercury only) Once the Time Schedule has expired and the input has been armed, the Armed Reader Mode will automatically set the state of the input back to the mode specified. To program the Armed Reader Mode, select the mode from the pick list by clicking on the drop down arrow to the right of Armed Reader Mode.
- Disarmed Reader Mode (Mercury only) – Once the Time Schedule activates and the input is disarmed, the Disarmed Reader Mode will automatically set the state of the input. To program the Disarmed Reader Mode, select the mode from the pick list by clicking on the drop down arrow to the right of Disarmed Reader Mode.