DSX Integration is supported in IS2000 version 10.6.19 and later. The integration utilizes the DSX SDK and communicates to the DSX Comm Server by placing DML files into the Comm Server’s shared folder.
Adding DSX Driver
- Launch IS2000 and navigate to the Hardware Manager module. Unlock the module by clicking the lock in the command toolbar. Right click in the hardware tree and select “Edit” to display the “Add Driver” command from the popup menu. Click on “Add Driver” to view the “Add a New Driver” popup menu. Under the “Access Control Drivers” category, click on “DSX Access Control” and click “OK” to add a DSX driver.
- Set the ‘Comm Server Path’ of the newly created DSX driver to the same location as the DSX shared comm server folder.
- Set the Location property and the UDF Number that will be used to link the IS2000 Personnel records with the DSX person records.
- Import Personnel records (including codes) from DSX to IS2000. Write the IS2000 Personnel ID unique identifier to the DSX UDF Number field (this should occur on import and is used to link the 2 tables).
- Import the Access Level descriptions from DSX to IS2000 (or enter manually).
Note: IS2000 Access Levels MUST use the exact same DSX Access Level descriptions to stay synchronized.
- First Name
- Last Name
- Start/Stop Date
- Access Levels
- Temporary Access Levels
Deleting a Personnel record in IS2000 will delete the person completely from the DSX software, including deleting all credentials associated to that record. Removing individual credentials from a personnel record will removed those specific credentials from the person record in DSX.
In future builds, the DSX driver will read the Events and Alarms table from the DSX SQL database and auto import those records into IS2000 to display real-time events and alarms.