Considerations Prior to Setup
Make sure the controller is online, initialized, and configured. You must set up your time schedules and access levels PRIOR to managing your personnel records.
This tutorial will assist you in adding and managing personnel records using IS2000 and Axis A1001 controllers. Managing personnel records should be completed by utilizing the same steps, regardless of the type of controller that is used.
IS2000 Personnel Records Setup
Launch IS2000 to begin.
I. Personnel Manager
The Personnel manager configuration page can be accessed by clicking on the “Access” navigation button and selecting “Personnel Manager” from the popup menu. Once the Time Schedules and Access Levels have been programmed, we can associate those Access Levels to Personnel Record(s). (See Figure 1)
A. Associating Time Schedules and Access Levels to Personnel Record(s)
To associate Time Schedules and Access levels to Personnel Record(s), please complete the following:
- Ensure that you unlock the module to enable editing (i.e. click the lock on the top left of the screen).
- Click the Add New command (the “+” icon) to access a drop down menu. Select “Add Blank New Record” to add a new record. (See Figure 2)
- Enter a First Name and Last Name. Click the plus (+) icon to add a card number. Enter the card #, select an activate date, and select an expiration date.
Note: If you are utilizing HID controllers, you will need to enter a facility code, re-issue code, and hotstamp.
- If keypads are being used in the field, enter a PIN number.
- Right click in the “Access Levels” window to view the popup menu. Select “Add Access Level(s).” (See Figure 3)
- Select the appropriate Controller Group and Access Level and click the “OK” button. (See Figure 4)
- Click the Save diskette. (See Figure 5) Changes will automatically download to the controller(s).
Note: If an access level is NOT assigned to the record, then no download will take place for that record. Additionally, if no Card Number or PIN assignment is given to the personnel record, then the person will NOT have access to any readers in the system.