- To access the Report Manager, select the Utilities Menu, and then select Report Manager.
- The reports are grouped by type of report, for example to locate a report on personnel records, locate the section labeled Personnel Manager Reports.
- Depending on the type of report executed, certain selection criteria buttons will be displayed. In the example outlined below, all personnel records by department will be displayed.
- Select the report ‘Personnel – Employees by Department’.
- Each report can be executed by Region or All Regions. To display the report for a specific region, select the desired region from the drop down pick list next to Regions. Only those employees belonging to the region specified will be displayed in the final report view. If it is desired to see all personnel records regardless of region, select (All Regions) from the drop down pick list next to Regions.
- Click the Names button, from this screen, the operator has the option to only display records for individuals by Last_Name, First_Name, Card_Number, Company, or by Department as shown in the display below. To display all personnel records for the department Administration, click the down arrow to the right of the Field Names: box and select Department from the pick list.
- Type the department name into the Name: field and click on the Find button. A list of all personnel records belonging to this department will be displayed.
- If a reporting on individual personnel records is desired, select only those individual personnel records by checking the check box. To select all records, click the Select All button.
- If the report is displayed with no Name selection, the report will display all personnel records from all departments.
- To display the report, click on the Preview button as shown located in the upper left hand corner.
- Once a report has been displayed by following the steps detailed above, the report can be saved in pdf, doc, vpe, html or odt file formats. To save the report click on the floppy disk icon as shown.
- In the box labeled File name: type in the desired file name.
- From the Save As Type: drop down pick list, select the desired file format.
- From the drop down arrow to the left of Browse Folders, navigate to the desired save location. For example to save the report on the Windows Desktop, click on c:\documents and settings\(username)\desktop.
- Once the desired file location has been selected, click on the Save button to save the report.
- Once a report has been displayed by following the steps detailed above, the report can be printed by clicking on the printer icon as shown. The Print selection box will be displayed.
- Highlight the desired Windows printer and click on the Print button to print the report.
- Once a report has been displayed by following the steps detailed above, the report can be e-mailed to recipients by clicking on the envelope icon as shown.
- The application will try to utilize an existing mail client loaded on the machine, a blank e-mail will display with the report attached.
- Enter the e-mail address of the desired recipient(s), once this step has been completed, the message is ready to be sent.