Defaulting a controller allows the controller to reset the controller to the manufacturer’s default mode and settings. A controller should be defaulted during the following scenarios:
- Initial setup with IS2000
- Controller showing any abnormal behavior
- Controller is not accepting any downloads (Controllers generate download failed events). First, reset the controllers and resend the downloads. In the event that this is not a successful remedy, default the controllers and re-send the downloads.
The reset to factory default should be used with caution, as it will reset all settings, including the IP address, to the factory default values. To reset the controller to factory default settings, follow the steps below:
- Disconnect power from the product
- Press and hold the control button and reconnect power.
- Keep the control button pressed for about 25 seconds until the status LED indicator turns amber for the second time.
- Release the control button. When the status LED indicator turns green, the process is complete and the controller has been reset to factory default settings. If no DHCP server is available on the network, the default IP address is 192.168.0.90.
- Using the installation and software management tools, assign an IP address, set the password, and access the video stream.
Note: Installation and management software tools are available from support pages on www.axis.com/techsup