It is often required for a card with management credentials be presented in conjunction with the two (2) badge rule prior to access being granted at a reader. To get the required results configure IS2000 using the following steps.
Configuring a Reader for Two Badge Operation
- In Hardware Manager, unlock the module to allow editing of the screen.
- From the Reader’s properties box click on the drop down arrow to the right of the Reader Functions box.
- · Tick the box “Require two card control at this reader”
- · Click the Green check mark to save and close the window.
Disassociating the Reader
- From the Reader’s properties box, click on the drop down arrow in the Door Definitions box.
- Set the Door Strike Address to a value of None. This will disassociate the door strike and create a control point.
- Click the Green check mark to save and exit the configuration window.
- From the toolbar located within Hardware Manager Click the disk to save all configuration changes.
Creating a Macro
- From within the Triggers screen, unlock the module to allow editing of the screen.
- Right click in the Macros box and select Add Macro
- In the Macros Properties box, select Control Point Pulse from the Command Box.
- In the Macros Properties box, select the address of the disassociated reader from the Address box.
- Select the desired amount of time for the control point to pulse in seconds from the On Time box.
Creating a Trigger
- Right Click in the Triggers box and select Add Trigger.
- Enter the desired description for the trigger in the triggers Description box.
- Select the event for the trigger to execute on, in this scenario select RO0001 Access Granted.
- Select the address for the control point used in Macros in the Address box.
- Select the trigger number in the Trigger Code box, this will be the trigger number assigned to the manager’s cardholder record.
- Assign a time schedule in the Time Schedule box; this will be the schedule in which the trigger will execute. If two badge access is required always, assign a value of 1 Always.
- Select the Macro number from the Macro box, this will be the Macro number assigned to the Macro created in the previous step Creating a Macro.
- From the toolbar within Triggers, click the disk to save and download the records.
Assigning a Trigger Code to a cardholder record
- From the Access, Personnel Menu, unlock the module to allow editing of the screen.
- Highlight the cardholder from column on the left; this should be the cardholder (s) that will have an elevated management credential.
- Click the Advanced Access button.
- From the Trigger Code box enter the trigger code number assigned in the previous step “Creating a Macro”.
- From the toolbar within Personnel, click the disk to save the records. Note: Access will not be granted until both the card with management credentials as well as a second card has been presented at the reader.