Access -> Device Groups / Areas
Unlocking readers by schedule
Device Groups / Areas are used to configure hardware points such as readers, inputs and outputs to arm, disarm, unlock, or lock automatically during specified time schedules.
- Click on the Access menu and click on Device Groups / Areas.
- Unlock the pad lock to allow editing of the Device Groups / Areas module.
- Select the controller from the pick list by clicking on the drop down arrow to the right of the Controller tag. Once the appropriate controller has been selected you will see all Readers, Inputs and Outputs that are associated to the controller selected.
- Click the Reader tab.
- Click in the box to the left of the reader(s) to be added to a Device Group. Please note: once a reader has been added to a Device Group, that reader can not be added to another group, this will ensure the reader cannot be scheduled multiple times creating schedule conflicts. Each reader already assigned to a Device Group will have the check box filled indicating the reader has already been used.
- Once the reader(s) have been selected, highlight the next available Device Group from the column on the left. Right mouse click on the Device Group and select Add Selected Reader(s) to the Device Group / Area. Once this has been completed a listing of the reader(s) will appear beneath the Device Group on the column on the left.
- Description – To assign a Description to the Device Group, highlight the Device Group and click in the text field to the right of the Description tab. This field can be found in the Device Group properties box.
- Time Schedule To schedule an unlock time for the reader(s), select the Time Schedule from the pick list by clicking on the drop down arrow to the right of Time Schedule. During the time specified in the Time Schedule the reader(s) will be unsecured / unlocked.
- Armed Reader Mode (Mercury only) Once the Time Schedule has expired and the reader is secured / locked, the Armed Reader Mode will automatically set the Default_Reader_Mode back to the mode specified such as card or pin. To program the Armed Reader Mode, select the mode from the pick list by clicking on the drop down arrow to the right of Armed Reader Mode.
- Disarmed Reader Mode (Mercury only) – Once the Time Schedule activates and the reader is unsecured / unlocked, the Disarmed Reader Mode will automatically set the state of the reader such as unlocked / unsecured. To program the Disarmed Reader Mode, select the mode from the pick list by clicking on the drop down arrow to the right of Disarmed Reader Mode.