You have no items in your shopping cart.
Schlage Wireless Portable Reader with Multi-Technology Reader 125 kHz/13.56 MHz Module
The Schlage AD Series Wireless Portable Reader (WPR400) was designed to extend a facility’s access control to remote locations, at a moment’s notice. The WPR400 is a portable device that utilizes the same credential reader module as an AD Series electronic lock. The WPR400 can be held by hand or placed in a convenient temporary location to allow for credential verification. Whether it is at a temporary check point or bus load registration, the WPR400 will provide simple, intuitive feedback to the user if the credential being presented is valid or invalid via real time connectivity to the access control system.
The WPR400, as well as other AD-400 locks and devices, communicate via 900 MHz frequency to the Panel Interface Module (PIM400); the PIM400 is required for communication between the AD-400 devices and the access control panel .
The WPR400 was designed to be intuitive to use and easy to set up, which is critical in situations where there is a need for remote credential verification. At power-on and within range, the WPR400 is ready to accept its first credential within moments of powering up and reconnecting to the previously paired PIM400. After the credential has been authenticated by the access control system, the WPR400 provides intuitive LED light feedback.
The WPR400 also has the ability to be configured to cache mode. When enabled, the WPR400 keeps a local database of valid access grants. Upon moving the WPR400 to an offline location away from the PIM400, credentials can be verified for the last 1000 valid users.
Finally, the WPR400 can be manually configured to operate as a wireless portable tester. In Wireless Test Mode, the device can be used to evaluate the location of PIM400s and AD-400 devices within a specific environment, or the existing reader module can remain installed on the WPR400.
Data Sheet AD Series Wireless Portable Reader
- Fully compatible with Schlage AD Series credential reader modules & Panel Interface Modules
Reader options include multi-technology (reads both 13.56 MHz smart card and 125 kHz proximity, magnetic stripe and keypad)
- WPR401 with FIPS 201-1 compliant multi-technology reader is available
- Card reader options available with keypad for multi-factor authentication
- Cache mode option for offline applications
- Field configurable to work as a wireless portable signal tester
- Configured with Schlage hand held device (HHD)
- LED indicators communicate valid (green) and invalid (red) credential status
- Communicates to access control system via PIM400
- FCC Part 15, Industry Canada (IC), RoHS
- Comes with 8 AA off-the-shelf batteries